- Homeschool room table caddy. TJ Maxx clearance rack. This was not a 'need' but I LOVE it, it spins. I have mixed emotions about it because I bought this while David and I were passing the time waiting for some friends who were at a very difficult doctor's appointment. David found me at the back of the store with this in my hand and tears down my face.
2. Bean bag thing, with corn kernels inside to be heated or cooled. My sis-in-law introduces me to the grandest things, I am not kidding. Many things on this list come from her, thanks Laura!!! She has had one for years and swears by warming it and sticking under her covers for her feet at night. When we first got back in Oct, it was SO HOT, so I froze it and cooled myself down. Now, with it low 60s in our room I heat and enjoy. I also use it for my back, etc. too and love its size and how it holds temperature. You can buy these on etsy like the ones here.
3. Hoka running shoes. Yes, these look crazy. I have been running hard for many years now. I started in Asics and swore by them. Then Brooks were awesome and had a lower drop, not minimalist, but lower. I was pleased and plugged many miles on those Brooks. But then as I near 40, pains come faster. Knee pain, foot pain, hip,etc. A friend (BEC girl) told me about these. They are pricey and I had the guy at Omega sports tell me ALL about them before I took the plunge. I can't give you all his selling points now but I do love these. I just had to admit that my joints are aging and I need CUSHION. Real runners may scoff, but I need to be able to walk after a run. LOVE these.
4. Wal Mart Tennis Shoes. So much more durable than the cheapo shoes here in our town, and for a great price. Our kids all love theirs, and I didn't drop 50 bucks a kid on shoes that they will out grow in a year. (and really Tobin just wanted me to take a pic of his shoes, but they were a great buy)
5. LulaRoe Leggings. This is another Laura thing. She is bound to keep me in style and I love her for it. She let me try hers on and I was in love. You can't buy these in a store, but here is a link to how to find them.. I don't love that leggings are back in style but I could live in these!!! They have some wild prints, I stuck to two solid styles.
6. Contigo Water Bottle. I did buy essential oils and use them too, but I am still not 'sold' fully. I do enjoy them, but mostly I love the water bottle I bought to drink them in. Target on sale. LOVE.
7. Hot water heater for dishes. We don't live in a village but almost no one in our town has hot water heaters. We use solar water for showers and this has done well for all of our years here (2x a year or so we heat water for baths when there is no sun). But this winter we had some problems. David fixed a leak on the roof, but still, to get all warm showers and have hot water for dishes we were boiling water daily. For Christmas David bought me a heater for under the sink and I do love it. Except that per our experience here the guy installed it and then David realized he didn't do it with a ground wire. Our experience with electricity here made David say: 'absolutely not'. So it is not fully installed to our specs yet, but it is safe. And it gives some hot water in an instant rain or shine without wasting the gas it takes to boil water on the stove. LOVE.
8. A BIG trampoline!!! This is perhaps our best purchase of the decade! Every family needs a big trampoline. This was the kids Christmas present and I will detail how it unfolded when I do my Christmas posts, but it is amazing for our whole family. Go get one, now.