Monday, January 2, 2017

Gabrielle at 3+ years old...

 Helping momma bake Christmas goods (aka, eating raw flour and anything else I can get my hands on)
I am not sure if I ever did a G at 3 post, but even so she deserves another.

This girl is beautifully spunky and strong willed.
But her softer side comes out when she realizes her wrong and says: 'okay, momma, I won't do that anymore', She is funny on purpose and clever with it to, though sometimes it turns to spaz.

She recently likes to tell stories, narrate her life (tall tales too), and pretend she is reading.
While she can match colors she can't name them (except pink, her fave).
She really wants to go to school like her siblings but is unaware mommy won't be there.

She has the normal misspeak of the 'r'  and 'b' for 'v' which makes her speech quite cute.
She loves to suck her thumb at night and twist her sheet between her fingers.

While watching me write this, Gabrielle came over batted her eyelashes and gave a pose.
She is a ham.

We have not started any tot school yet (maybe March???), but she does some catechism questions with Tobin in the mornings, can hold a pencil almost perfectly, and can also bounce a basketball.

I love her answer to "Why did God make all things?"
"Because he DID" as if I am dumb for asking (that is not the right answer btw).

She has no concept of time so she always says 'yesterday...I swam in Poppy and CCs pool' (which she did months ago) or 'yesterday I hurt my face on the trampoline' (which had happened an hour before).

Gabrielle is super fun-spirited and each of her siblings love to play with her, until they are bothered by her. But they always come back around.

Our night time routine is precious to me. She doesn't like me to pray for her until Tobin comes in (later than her), then I have to sing 'Amazing grace....the sun one'....which is the last verse. She loves the 'bright shining as the sun' line.

I mentioned to David that I get to enjoy Gabrielle in a way that I didn't get to enjoy the others because I don't have another baby I am taking care of. I notice so much more of her cute little intricacies.  But I am busier in a different way with schooling the others so she sometimes gets left out a bit.

 We will see this week if they let her in Kindergarten in March. "Watch out classmates, I may be small  with long lashes, but I have sharp teeth" . (I am actually nervous about this).

There you have it, the not so much "Baby Gabrielle" anymore, but precious nonetheless.