Monday, August 4, 2008
Check out the recipe
With our friend visiting it gave us the opportunity to go off of our diet or 'healthy lifestyle.' We had to take him out to eat all the foods he loves, we were just being good friends. That, and we had already decided that this diet doesn't really taste good. We are not giving it up, just admitting the truth. The 'tofu ranch dressing' (Napoleon Dynamite: 'sick') did it for me, it went instantly into the trash. So...while David was away for two days, I went way off the reservation and cooked a good tasting meal: Paula Deen's oven fried chicken, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli (my blood pressure can stand to go up). This chicken was so good! I only marinated the chicken for a few hours and had to make the buttermilk (milk + vinegar), but it was still delicious. Now David is back and we are back to raw veg, no salt, no white flour, no sugar. But....he is about to go on another trip, hmm....what shall I eat then?