Monday, August 25, 2008

Weary but progressing

We are exhausted. We are in the middle of a four week intensive language review/study. A series of wonderful events (Sophia's birth, Stateside, etc), has made our Mandarin somewhat slack, so we decided to go full steam and basically start over with our intensive method that works wonders. It has been so helpful, to review tones, hone in vocabulary, etc. But it takes its toll on the brain. I will post a daily schedule later. I have never done this with a toddler, so every minute of my day is taken, until about now (9pm). We will not go at this pace forever, but slowly taper off. David is busy with about a hundred different things, half of which are languages :), I am not sure how he is staying sane, but he is. On Sunday, we did take a break and had a family outing to the stadium, where we were able to watch our city's men's soccer team play another city's team. David inquired about playing (these guys were okay, but David is way better), they said he could join them and would give him a call, we will see if that happens, hopefully it will.

And what you have been waiting for....pics of our girly girl. She really makes us laugh so many times a day. She can throw a fit too, but she really seems to be a jokester, who loves to laugh and hide and talk, talk, talk. She has been fighting a cold, and now has a cough, so for a few days she was clingy, she would just lay on my chest and cuddle, I cherished this time because I know tomorrow she will be sixteen. She is so much fun, here is why....


The Peanut butter snack I dread, can you see why?


she kept her hat and shades on for a long time, it was an incredibly bright day


Hey daddy, I can see myself in your shades. I think we kinda look alike.


this pic is not great, but she looks like such a little girl, where is the time going?


(Sorry about the shadows) Sophia wooing her way to some free watermelon (which she did receive no matter our protests, along with two bananas)