Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Goodies from the US

A package arrived the other day with goodies from Poppy and CC. It was filled with all kinds of good stuff. So good in fact that a rat decided to help himself to two packs of muffin mix while the package was still at the post office. We were sad, but glad that everything else was fine. Thanks so much poppy and cc for sending Sophia her toys (this was their birthday gift to her, to send her toys).


The muffin mix was everywhere, can you tell, thats it on the bottom. It was a spectacle at the post office as they shook white powder out of the box, while I was assuring them it was a cake mix. At that point I did not know that a rat was the culprit so I was trying to get them to stop shaking it all out so I could salvage it, then they assured me I would not want to eat it!


Here, we call 'stuff' dongxi (dongshee), it is such a good word that we have replaced it for the english.

Also in the packages were some incredibly sweet cards from granddaddy Johnson, and Grandma Pinnie (Sophia's great-grandmother). Thank you so much!!!

can you tell she loved this card! Thanks Granddaddy!


As a side note, David and I love Indian food, we both have spent time in India and our first discussion ever was all about India. A month ago I found these two boxes of Indian food, they just happen to be our two favorite dishes, Dal makhani and Palak Paneer. I found these at the import store, no they were not cheap but they were worth it. We waited for the perfect time to eat them--Right on the down hill stretch of our language review sprint (we have just a few days left). It was delicious. We were commenting how glad we were we didn't live in India or we would be so fat!