Friday, February 20, 2009

miscellaneous


when we first got back a friend of ours brought me these flowers. she was up to date on all our troubles. these were gorgeous, i had never seen them in our town, they lasted over a week and smelled fabulous. what kind of flowers are these? i have no idea. you tell me.


strawberry shortcake, thank you TCC family. TCC sent a Christmas package that included an Angel food cake mix. we made it for a pre-Valentines day dessert. and for valentine's day I made our new favorite: Chocolate Eclair cake. I got the recipe from David's mom and cannot get half of the ingredients here, (but can improvise and make from scratch, maybe one day, until then I will use what was sent from the Cokers, thanks so much). have I posted the recipe already? well, here it is again:

Chocolate Éclair Cake

**best made 2-3 days in advance to soften graham crackers***

2 3 ¾ boxes French vanilla instant pudding

3 cups milk

1 12 oz cool whip

2 16 oz box graham crackers

1 can spreadable milk chocolate frosting

Mix pudding and milk, fold in cool whip

Line the bottom of a 9 x13 pan (or smaller 2 pans) with graham crackers

Add ½ of pudding mixture, add another layer of graham crackers

Use remaining pudding mixture. Add another layer of crackers, top with the chocolate frosting

Store in refrigerator