January 16th
With David indisposed it is my turn to get up early and get Laura and Lee from the airport. We happened to get a most unhelpful and actually downright mean taxi driver. He would not listen to what I said, he was very careless with luggage and I was frustrated with him, he had little idea where he was going. I told them not to judge Thailand by this guy, he is an anomaly, most people are so friendly and helpful. I tell L and L that David is in the hospital and all that is going on. We plan to go to the beach Sunday, but everything is uncertain at this point. The taxi driver accidentally takes us the right way and I point him to our hotel. Finally. Because David really wanted to see Laura and Sophia's meeting, I secretly arrange with Poppy and CC to all meet up in the CCU, such a blessing to all be together, even if it is in a hospital room.
I actually feel awful all day, I think it is pure exhaustion. I have what must be a migraine, and nausea. Laura and Lee immediately serve me by watching Sophia so I can try to rest. We are back and forth to the hospital and meeting with two doctors now. The consensus seems to be that there is a definite circuitry problem in David's heart (which we already knew), the where is the question, that determines its seriousness. And so far, hooked up to all these machines they can't catch it. The doctor tells David about doing an electrical study to find the problem area and 'ablating' or cutting it off if they find it. David has heard this before, just never while lying in a hospital bed. They do put him on meds to lower his heart rate. And watch.
Sophia kissing her reflection (humility needs work eh?), she is boasting her new hair bow and jumper from Lee and Laura
check out my shades, I am ready for the beach
playing with Lee on the balcony, I love Lee, and can say his name so clearly!