January 15th
We are having a great time with Poppy and CC, we are enjoying them enjoying Sophia. It is unusually cool in Bangkok, supposedly a record. Still wonderfully mild compared to NC and our home as well. David and I are excited because we are going on a date, a real date, with a real movie theater and everything. We have really been wanting to see 'Defiance', and no twisting the parent's arms to watch Sophia. About to walk out the door, the phone rings. It is the cardiologist who just now has read David's heart monitor. 'You must come and check into the hospital.' What???? He obviously didn't like what he saw. We are a little in shock but just get stuff together and go to the CCU. When the doc said 'watch you overnight' I was picturing my hospital room after giving birth, cozy, private, couch, etc. Not so in the CCU, and well, I have never been to a Coronary Care unit. It looked like a 'House' episode. The walls were all glass, the nurses station right there, a much scarier place. On the way over I joked to David about him being the youngest patient in there, the nurses would love him. I swallowed hard when we walked in and the first room held a three month old. I swallowed harder as the doctor came and said that his readings of tachycardia were scary, in his office he could tell through ecg that David has a fairly benign form of tachycardia, but after seeing this he could not tell if it was the fatal kind or not. Hence, the hoopla and the hospital gown for our dear David. And the saga begins. The wondering, the praying, the crying, the fear, the hope, the thankfulness, the joy, the wondering, the praying, and on….