David has this running joke about me and my utter devotion to all things Florida Gatorish. What can I say, I came from the womb on that campus, and grew up in a mass of orange and blue? He says that everything every where in my eyes leads back to the University of Florida , or Gainesville (everything is 7 degrees separated from Florida). He, of course, is using massive hyperbole to make his point but....we will be watching some sort of pro sports, or I will read something, and I say 'oh yeah, that guy went to Florida.' Or 'I am rooting for this team or that....because they have the most former Gators' 'was in FCA with that guy' and on and on....I have loved them when the teams stunk, and when they have won it all. My point?
Who doesn't like Gatorade, invented at the University of Florida by Dr. Cade (a gem of a man who, when I met him years ago, was still living in the same house he had lived in when he was just a nobody)?
Imagine my surprise when I happened upon some Gatorade in our little podunk town that hardly ever has imported stuff. One of these small cans cost 6.9 RMB which is exactly one dollar. I got home and proudly said: ' you can't tell me that the University of Florida hasn't impacted the world...it all comes back to Florida' and we both enjoyed our 4 ounces each.
