Wednesday, August 12, 2009

it's only wednesday...

what a week, where shall i start? Let's start with Sunday....
our helper's mom had cataract surgery so we went to visit her in the hospital. Many other of their friends were there and they quickly surrounded Sophia. Her eyes got wide, and scared, and were then tempered by the appearance of a cell phone that became her toy. She sat on the other hospital bed surrounded by folks and played with the phone while we chatted with Abby's mom and sister. We are not so sure how these encounters affect her. She is always scared at first then seems to do okay....
She really did get to see Our Father show up in a big way, as we prayed for this surgery many times and then she saw the healing process, the bandage come off and his goodness evident.

Sunday evening...
88.9 degrees in our bedroom. too hot. no relief in sight. Sophia wakes up at 9pm scared. 'what are you scared of?' 'people.' she replies. (maybe she was scared from the hospital, no idea). she mumbles stuff. needs the door left open. we oblige. (this process was about an hour long).
At 2 a.m. after much tossing and turning and little sleep, I go to check on Bella boo, she is awake with thumb in her mouth....so I feed her (the previous night I checked on her at 3, 4, 5, and 6, sleeping well, she went from 9:30 until 6:50 and actually cried to be fed, wow, but it hasn't happened again). Back in bed at 2:30, I open the curtains, it is ten degrees cooler outside and feels like rain. PLEASE RAIN!
And did it ever. It was the loudest thunderstorm we have ever encountered here (they are always loud, echoing off the mountains). The sky lit up and the thunder roared on and off for over an hour. No sleeping through that, except the babies of course. I was sleeping soundly by 4:30 or so and Bella boo wakes up at 6:15 for more food.....
It is now Monday morning....
I don't even remember monday, seriously, where did it go. Our helper was late. why? because of the thunderstorm of course, she and her roommates huddled together in one bed in fear, it was quite scary, sounded like a war (I presume).
oh yeah, Monday. Baby wakes from her nap early, Sophia refuses lunch (it was gross), David is in the village. and well, we are all tired.
Monday night:
-sophia wakes again at 9pm, no idea why, wants more light???
-I forget what Isabella does, definitely not through the night. I fed her 2x I think.
Tuesday???
Our helper's mom and sis come over and eat lunch with us, Sophia and I bike to the store (we are getting ready for her 'potty party' this weekend), and too many other good interruptions to count.
Tuesday night,
Sophia's 9pm wake up call, what in the world is going on?
It is now Wednesday and I need a weekend...except not this weekend....this weekend is potty training time. Oh Please pray.
I know this isn't a crazy week in real mommyhood world, and I can't blog it all, but my weariness is real and I don't pretend to have it all together. I am just living, and loving, and loving my husband and my children, and hoping I display some kind of reliance on the Father. I don't want my independence any more (what a fallacy anyway), Thankful for dependence on the ultimate reliable.