Sophia stayed dry and clean all day, telling me when she had to go pee pee (and me asking her a hundred times). We went out for our weekly dumplings and she had to go while we were there, so David took her around the corner (the actual squatty potty was too dark, nasty, and really would have been a challenge), and she did her business (sounds awful, but it is so Chinese). I was so surprised. Yeah Sophia. The travel day will really tell us!
And speaking of pee and poop...
Sophia saw something dark and tiny on the floor, and ever intrigued by anything on the floor, be it lint or food or anything, she proceeds to tell me about it:
'look mommy a watermelon seed,'
since this 'watermelon seed' was in an area where we usually have geckos, I knew it wasn't a watermelon seed, and before I could say anything she picked it up.
'Okay honey, bring it to mommy, it actually isn't a watermelon seed, it is bihu poop(beehoo: gecko in chinese).' She brings it to me and puts it in my hand. And I just sit there with gecko poop in my hand.
'bihu poop?' she asks as my hand is still outstretched holding it. (she knows what a bihu is)
'yes, baby it is gecko poop' and I go on to remind her not to put stuff she finds on the floor in her mouth.
'bihu poop' she laughs and repeats. 'bihu poop'
Meanwhile David intervenes: 'are you just going to sit there and hold it?' (it had already been a few minutes)
I glance at my hand with the poop in it and the poop starts to move....
'AH..' as I toss my hand towards the window....
'actually Sophia it is NOT bihu poop, it is a BUG, a little black bug...' and we all just laugh and laugh, Sophia laughs too 'oh a bug' ha ha ha 'a bug mommy.' ha ha ha.
And I make a note to get my eyes checked.
And my sign off post: Beautiful Bella at two months old:
(I will get better pics when we return, not too handy with the camera these days, sorry)