Meanwhile, David worked at home today so while Isabella slept, Sophia and I could make two bicycle trips. We visited our Tea Shoppe friends and took them some banana bread that Sophia helped me make (see pics below) and we went to the supermarket. In the afternoon we biked across town to get some pics printed and buy pineapple, watermelon and other goodies. We were loaded down. I had bags hanging on every inch of the bike! I bought six pineapples (yes six!) for just over $2. yummy. I will freeze some. Who knew you could freeze pineapple...I will most certainly do this until my freezer is full!!!
And to sign off, a funny tidbit from ever challenging, always hilarious Sophia:
we were reading the children's book: 'Most of all Jesus loves you.' She knows this book, but we hadn't read it in about a week. We got almost to the end:
The book: "then mama says and remember..."
I pause and ask Sophia, 'what does mama say.'
She replies: 'don't call for mommy or daddy.' LOL yes I did. We tell her not to call for us at nap or night because she loves to drag out the 'good night' time, and often wakes up way early. We really are not cruel, I promise, when she is really scared she still calls. So then I say.
'yes, that is true, don't call for mommy and daddy,' but what else does mama say:
and with her I say: 'Most of all Jesus loves you' and she adds matter-of-factly: 'and don't call for mommy and daddy.'
so, she got a little on her face...wouldn't be baking without a mess
mashing bananas, stirring up everything, a great helper
miscellaneous pigtails and a fake smile
I thought your shirt said 100% sweet. her comes the pout and whine...