Friday, September 4, 2009

building an airplane

David just returned from a two day trip, my first time with two without him. Everything was fine, just more tiring of course. I have to post this conversation I overheard that he had with Sophia while they were playing legos together before he left.
S: make an airplane (airplwaaane)
D: okay, sounds good.
D: let's start with the fuselage...
S: okay (what???!)
They build a little bit, I am in and out of the room...next I hear:
D: I am not so sure about the aerodynamic quality of these wings Sophia
S: (...huh?) she keeps playing...
D: do you want this to be a fixed wing aircraft or like an F-14 (or something or other) whose wings flip back?
S: (...huh?) she keeps playing...

yes it was a one-sided conversation. you can take David out of engineering, but you can't take the engineering out of David...one of his many skills...I love my husband.
when I walked back in the room smiling in my heart, I said: you need a boy... smile.