Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reading Dr. Seuss



Sophia 'read' half of this book getting the wording almost exactly right before I could go get the camera. We haven't read this in a while, and she hasn't ever read through it all like this before, I was so surprised she remembered everything. when she says: 'fish in a tree, how do that?' she means: 'fish in a tree, how can that be?' we always laugh at this and I ask her if fish live in trees? 'nooooo' where do they live? 'in the Ocean!' she replies.

Today during her Chinese 'class' she took her 'baa baa' and told her teacher in Chinese: 'Mom says I am not allowed to play with this' as she hides it behind her back while reading a book. When I came in she hid it again and told me the same thing in English looking scared I would take it away. I just had to smile and laugh at her cleverness, and her Chinese ability...