Five things I eat regularly that I did not in the States
-rice
-garlic
-ginger
-hot peppers
-soy sauce
Five things I do...
-walk four flights of stairs a few times a day (not for exercise)
-buy butter and cheese from far away places and freeze it
-ride my bike for transportation
-eat out at least 3x/week
-cook from scratch
Five things I still miss (besides people of course)
-sweet tea available (the Southern US kind)
-traffic patterns (order)
-Air condition
-Sonny's BBQ
-clean public restrooms
Five things I still struggle with
-lack of personal space (in markets, airplanes, etc)
-cooking from scratch
-the language
-public restrooms/ squatty potties
-my trust in local products (ie, that they are what they say they are, most everything here is 'faked' in some form or another, you never quite know what you are buying), I have become a cynic, not a good thing.
Five things I love (besides the people of course)
-the ability to have something break (water line, wiring, big deal stuff) and get it fixed in an hour for about two dollars
-the mountains that surround us, the scene will never grow old
-the interesting finds in the market
-the local food
-THE FOOD, yummy