Wednesday, July 14, 2010

family day at the park

7.12.2010

David came in from an appointment and said: 'let's go on a picnic!' And so we did.
It was an overcast and somewhat breezy day, perfect for the park. One thing America has is great kid-friendly parks, lots of cool slides.
This park was for ages 5-12, as you can see some of the slides were big, but Sophia managed just fine!

Sophia's 'smile' for the camera



Bella LOVED the bucket swing



I had not been on a swing in SO long, I got going really high, and it was so fun, I could not stop giggling, I just laughed and laughed at the fun I was having.


The Coker gals

David got going pretty high himself, though not as amused as I was.


This slide seemed a little crazy, steep and interesting. I had to tackle it. It tackled me. You can't see from the picture that at the top there is a sudden turn. For the big 'twelve year old' that I pretended to be, my feet hit the turn and then I had to brace myself and I was going a little fast, it burned my hand on the side and almost felt like a splinter. Two thumbs down for this slide, but the curvy one that Sophia loved was quite fun.


'was it fun mommy?'