Saturday, July 31, 2010

Oguquit, Maine, day 3

7.16.2010

Finally, I got a run in. I ran through town and then the Marginal way back, so refreshing. We had to go back to the Cove Cafe for breakfast so that I could get the Blueberry deal. After that we packed up some books and decided to actually go sit on a bench on the MW and read the Word and journal some. It was a little overcast and breezy at this point.
By the time we picked our bench in the shade I was quite cool. But we stayed for awhile and took in God's creation. Wow. To be still. This was one of the best things we did the whole time.



A really sweet couple took our picture and showed us how to flip the flash up on our camera (that we have had for 3 years).


We had hot dogs for lunch at this joint that lies just over the footbridge.


Perkin's cove shops and town, quaint quaint, like I said before.


A sailboat going through


Here is our cottage on a hill, right on the water.
We canoed this day, all through the Cove and out into the Ocean. Loved it, and it was great exercise.


view to the water from inside our cabin.

One of the things I knew we had to do was visit the Ogunquit Playhouse, showing 'The Sound of Music.' They use props from Broadway, get real good actors, and are always sold out. So we got dressed up and went to the play. It was awesome.





We ate at a great Italian place and headed for the playhouse (have no idea why this is underlining)









I cannot say enough about how well done the play was. I LOVE musicals, and who doesn't love The Sound of Music? David really loved it too, I am beginning to win him over to a love for musicals. But just that he is willing to do something he knows I enjoy shows how awesome a husband he is. This day was near perfect!