Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Dollhouse

12.24-25.2011

When Poppy and CC asked for gift ideas for the girls, we offered some suggestions, and even said we could look on TaoBao for some to save on shipping, etc. A dollhouse has always gotten great 'reviews' in the toy department for long-lasting creative play through the years. We had no idea the variety. I knew we wanted a wooden/durable and not too girly house. The options were amazing and expensive. But this one was simple and not that pricy at all. But so much for 'no big gifts'! we really didn't realize how big this thing was! The girls did not have another thought about gifts after the stockings, so this was a big shocker. And we were glad. Poppy and CC got to watch them receive it via Skype!


the computer with Poppy and CC on it is to the left.


Christmas Eve construction. While David put it together, I got things prepped for Christmas breakfast. Once I started helping him a little I told him I was going to stay up all night and play with it. It is really cool.




We are very thankful for this gift, the girls do love it, I think we will get a lot of use out of it for many, many years!