Sunday, January 22, 2012

The New Year: books


I never put pics of me on here. Here I am modeling the new beautiful mug that David brought me back from Thailand. I LOVE it! Makes me want to curl up and read a good book. He also got me a journal to record my '1000 gifts' or blessings on a regular basis. Yes, I am joining that bandwagon. I had actually already done this before and am restarting. It really is good for the soul.

Last year, I got through about half the books on my list. And I really don't feel bad about that at all. It was a busy year, I had a baby remember. But there were some great ones: 1000 gifts, Gospel-powered parenting, and Unbroken were tops!!!

This year I decided to make my list a lot shorter, and it is a working list, and may change at any moment (I always add books, don't get to others) and even so I still may not get through it...but here it is (so far):

  1. Getting Things Done
  2. How people change
  1. You can change, chester
  1. Enemy within
  2. Law of kindness
  1. Biographies: Hudson Taylor (a reread)
  1. The meaning of marriage, Keller
  2. Finish marriage matters
  3. Finish war of words
  1. Religious affections (a reread)
  2. Parts of calvin's institutes
  3. Anne of green gable series (6 books) (a reread)