Friday, January 20, 2012

For Daddy's return

We went ahead and made Daddy's favorite for special breakfast: biscuits. They are frozen now, and some are even heart shaped (kind of). Sophia helped me do this one afternoon this week. She is a great help in the kitchen.


Always some left over dough to play with. She wanted me to give her some eggs to make jidan baba, which is an egg pancake. I told her it was the wrong kind of dough...


During our sleepless nights (they have gotten better), teething crying baby, colds upon colds, cough upon coughs, I remember thinking of my sister. How while we were enjoying time with her hubby over Thanksgiving here in Asia, she was battling BAD stomach viruses at her house, with four kids, by herself. I was thankful we were not dealing with stomach bugs and all that entails....

But don't you know Sophia started feeling BAD today. Sore throat and a stomach ache. By this afternoon she started getting sick, and just plain asking for daddy. I kept telling her 'a few more hours', she said: 'can't he just get on a bus'. Then we wouldn't see him until tomorrow! I told her we could be thankful that she wasn't this sick four days ago and I would have to say 'four more days until daddy comes' instead I can say: 'just a few more hours'. I am not sure if it is a virus or not, I don't feel great either we will see what happens.

But I am truly thankful for God's provision this entire time. In so many big and small ways I felt his presence and experienced his grace. And protection too, physical protection (when Sophia fell out of a tree), and protection from my own sin tendencies to despair or be quick to anger...such grace upon grace.