I ashamedly have not varied his food too much. It has gotten chunkier, but he refused the 'puffs' so far. And because he has a bit of a cold he is not eating as well this week.
The biggest news in Tobin's life (and mine), is that I had to wean him to formula. Though you couldn't tell much by looking at him, he dropped by over 30% on his curve (from about 85 to 50), this did not concern us a whole whole lot, but I still talked to a doctor about it. He recommended adding in some solid food snacks, which we did. This really helped his sleep, especially a little later in the mornings. No more 5 a.m. wake ups! At all. He must have been hungry. Two weeks into this new regimen, nursing 4-5 times a day, he still seemed hungry. And at night time he fussed a lot, which was unlike him. One day after I nursed him and put him down for a nap, he cried for 30 minutes (very unlike him). Then I gave him a bottle. He drank 7 ounces without stopping. That is when I knew my milk was just not enough for his nutritional needs. This happened with Sophia (weaned at 8 mos). With Bella I was determined to go a year, but by 11 months she had dropped to below 5% on the weight curve, well off of hers, and I knew I should have weaned at 8-9 months. So here we are, formula filled at our house. He drinks it up! We hope we still have enough money for college, but right now he needs to eat. I went from 4-5 feedings a day to 1 feeding a day for two days and then none. I really had no milk, I never hurt and never had to pump or anything. It was time to quit.
Our chunky little monkey, he loves to smile and laugh and watch his sisters goof off. He does mimic some sounds too, and has a little wave with his hands, but he doesn't know quite what that means.
Our edible, lovable, Tobinoosky
love this photo. Big blue eyes.
And this look. Such a little man...