Friday, November 16, 2012

A Tobin post: 19 months old

 I know I can get this to work

 Really, just hang on a second...

 It worked a minute ago...

 See I told you.

 Who you doubtin' now?


Tobin is a chunk and a half. Our hefty, blue-eyed boy. 
Here is what he is up to these days:
  • so boy! He shovels rice in with his fists, he loves to play in toilet water (gross), and loves to get into all the 'off limits' things to him. 
  • He is pushing the limits these days, getting frustrated, throwing dramatic tantrums on the floor as he buries his head in his hands. 
  • He is everywhere and all at one time, but can sit still and be occupied with the girls' doll house for 20 minutes or more at a time. (he took the windows off the door, then put the small dowels that hold it together back in, I laughed, so like his father, the engineer). 
  • He loves milk and yogurt, rice and fruit. And Oreos, apparently. For some reason I was out during his morning snack and that is what our helper gave him. We about died. Hilarious. We told her we never give such sweet things for a snack. She did say that the girls get sweets, which they do, it is true, but not too much. 
  • Tobin is running everywhere, can do steps with a railing. Loves to slide. Loves dogs, loves water in his face, loves to get saline squirted up his nose (I kid you not, he says 'nose, nose' and wants more).
  • While our girls were real talkers early, Tobin is still right on target, though not quite as fluid as them. He has a ton of new words in both languages. Our helper is so intentional about speaking clearly and repeating so much. His Chinese may be better than his English. He does surprise us with real clear speech every now and then. His new word today was the Chinese word for 'teeth' and he can point to where they are too. The way he says 'banana' is hilarious, sticking his tongue out and saying 'nana'. 
  • I don't know how much he weighs, or how tall he is at the moment. He does have teeth. Not sure how many. I do know he is almost two and is the spark in our family, adored by all.