For David's birthday he took a trip to Singapore and Bali. Just kidding. The trip just happened to coincide with his 35th year mark. It was a whirlwind. Being the loving hubby that he is, he did some crazy scheduling, sleeping in the Singapore airport, arriving at crazy hours, to only be gone from us for less than a week!
He stopped in Singapore (he had to go via some route, this was his best option), and had some hours to visit a dear friend of ours. David was so encouraged by his time with S. He is a humble servant who has suffered much and has counted it all joy. He is one of my spiritual heroes. This was the highlight of David's trip. I was so glad they were able to spend time together.
David was a bit disappointed by Bali itself but still enjoyed a good calzone on his birthday (and apparently he told no one he was with, so he got zero bday wishes)
Things on the homefront were not as calm and peaceful as Bali appears in these pics. I think because I had no internet for the 5 days he was gone and I was going non-stop the whole time, dealing with little tempers, and my own, the days seemed so long. I had no chance to debrief at night with him and be assured that mercies were coming new to me the next day. But they did always come.