My consistent blogging life may be over as we know it. We shall see. Things are busy, busy, and any free moment has me not wanting to be on the computer. Here are some goings ons in these parts, which I hope to actually blog about in picture/detail some time soon.
1. Homeschool: going well, We are in week 7 of actual schooling, week 5 of Classical conversations, and we are hanging steady.
2. Chinese school: Bella still cries, but really loves it. Both girls have a big performance/shin dig, this week, lots of dancing, and competition will be involved. I just got a text from her teacher telling me to put make up on her with her performance clothes! They love putting LOTs of make up on for performances, something we have yet to partake in.
3. Sophia did get hit and water poured on her and her snack thrown out the window, all by the same little guy. When I walked up to pick her up, ten kids ran up to me to tell me the news. Then the room cleared, I talked with Sophia about it and all the students waited for me to blast the guy. When I looked at him all I did was feel sorry for him. He acts out like this a lot apparently and Sophia is not singled out in his mischief. I told Soph we needed to forgive him, pray for him, and move on. This was the only time I have ever heard her say: 'I don't want to come back here.' And I knew she was speaking from emotion (when I found her she was already playing and having fun again). She too still really enjoys going to school, in spite of 'mean boys'.
4. Thanksgiving was a blast. Some very good friends of ours came to visit, we used 3 toaster ovens and got all of our stuff cooked and eaten! We stayed up way too late talking, but it was SO good to visit with them!
5. On Saturday after Thanksgiving, three city blocks had no power from 8 am. until midnight. SO glad this wasn't while we were trying to cook! Then when it came back on, we discovered some serious faulty wiring in our house. You would think it was because of our over use of appliances (and so many), but that is not it. Right now we are still figuring out what to do. Workers will come again tomorrow to figure it out if we need to rewire the whole house (electricity is 'leaking' from somewhere).
6. And while there are little (or big) things needing to be fixed and done around the house, we are still in love with the place and feel extremely blessed. (the girls played in the yard after home school today for a whole hour+ without needing my help!)