Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Field trip!

My camera (iphone in this case) said these pics were taken on Nov 2. This month is a fog already and it is almost over. The girls both had school field trips, on the same day, starting in two different places at the same time and ending in about the same place. Parents were invited to go with Sophia's class, not invited to go with Bella's class. So, I went with Sophia's class for half of it, and then ran some errands and then went and picked them both up. Sophia's class started out visiting this new elementary school, and then they walked two big city blocks to the big square, which was where I had previously dropped off Bella. 

The elementary school was huge! Her teacher was surprised I found it all by myself, since she said other parents had trouble. (I had been by there before and then asked Bella's teacher to remind me where it was!).
Sophia holding hands with her line partner.


Inside the big gym.
I wasn't quite sure of the point of the field trip. Yes, this class is going on to first grade next year (most of them), but most will not go to this school, it is way across town from where most of these students live.

 Bella's class, meanwhile, walked around and played some games. All the kids were given chicken legs and some milk, which our girls ate right up!
 Bella was so excited about this and had fun!
And while she does loves school and her teachers, she is back to crying every day at drop off.