On one particular day when David was away, the kids decided to act less than stellar (that is an understatement to be sure). My little world was chaotic and my heart was in a frustrated mess. As soon as I dropped the girls off at school I knew I needed some time with Tobin and that I needed to get out of my tunnel visioned world. So...
I decided to explore the market in our new neighborhood. I had been before, but I decided to explore. To look people in the eye. To smile. To take pictures. To find out what things were if I didn't know, and to talk to Tobin too as I went.
I pushed him in the stroller and he loved it. And I loved trying to capture nuances of daily life in and around the market and our new street.
someone had just bought a chicken and put it on their moto.
Tobin thought it hysterical.
This is not a strange sight here. Anything and everything, big, small, can go on your shoulder on a scooter, this long pole, for example.
I had walked down to the market entrance and turned back to look up the street. Our apartment complex is on the right.
This is looking into the market through a store.
roasted duck.
various hot peppers, dried.
Hot pepper powder, and in different forms.
The market. The tiled floors and concrete kiosks are new to our local markets the past few years.
Tofu. The moldy kind. They call this 'stinky tofu' and is a common snack, fried up, it really stinks. This is one smell that my prego body couldn't handle very well.
This lady sells her wares (fish), outside the back door of the market.
The food court.
Not kidding, this area is where market goers get their breakfast of noodles, etc.
It smelled delicious, I almost stopped and got myself some, but since Tobin was with me, I opted out.
Roasted Chestnuts. Lately we see 'chestnuts roasting on open fires' all around us.
And, as God promises, that did the trick. My little jaunt to the market, seeing into faces, my neighbors' faces, helped The Word to whisper in and soften my bound up heart. He unwound the frustration, and I laid it down. Daily work of sanctification.