Friday, November 16, 2012

Sunshine and Rain

 Our helper and I took the kids to a park while David was away. It happened to be a sunshiny day.
Actually most days are very bright and the weather quite wonderful.


Speaking of our helper, who is amazing (like a daughter/little sis) and such a blessing to us, here she is sporting my hat on her head and my child on her back! She decided to take him to the market so I could do some home school prep for 30 minutes.


And then the rains came a few days later. For days. So the kids discovered new ways to play: like under the bed. All three are under there you just can't see them. They pretend the bed is a boat, and that is where you sleep. They lug all their kitchen stuff under there. It is pretty fun to watch.

And they dressed up their panda bears, with fake hair, scarves, shoes and all.

Rainy day # 3 or 4, I lost count. Things got hairy as they started sliding around the house and pulling each other on blankets. I confess, I kinda showed them how to do it. 

Yes, I know Tobin's hair is getting long. Time for a cut. Our helper reminds us everyday. Then I pulled out a pic of David when he was little with uncut long curls. She laughed and said, of course people thought he was girl!



And finally they geared up in galoshes and jackets and splashed in the mud puddles. 
 Since it didn't seem like there was an end in sight for the rain, I relented.