Sunday, October 4, 2015

October Begins!

 We finally held our promised bonfire one night. It was actually supposed to be part of our history lesson/project two weeks prior, but it rained so much we had to postpone.
 The kids helped make the firepit.
 Daddy secured everything.
Sophia's best friend and our neighbor...our friends brought back some stuff to make smores from the U.S. so they came down and we all enjoyed the evening.

And sometimes when I send our helper to the market and G goes with her, they borrow a basket from the grocery store to lug stuff home. The people there know and love our family so it is no big deal.
The bonus was Tobin toting G around in it for the afternoon.


David is currently reading 'How to eat Fried Worms' to the kids, and while I was doing homeschool prep one Saturday morning, they literally put worms over the fire out side.

And so October begins! There are so many tidbits of life I am leaving out these days and hope to show some better glimpses of soon.

The kids are on break from local school until Thursday, which means all home all day. I actually love this, it makes me plan my time a little better but we usually get all homeschool done by 2ish and have more time to play! We are really enjoying this stage with all of our kids and by God's grace we are really experiencing peace, and joy in our daily life here. That doesn't mean absent hardship, it means absent fear that all my mess ups will mess up the kids and that everything is dependent on me: one of the lies (rooted in pride) I believe too easily. Thankful for the freedom in Christ to love and live full and ask forgiveness when I fail.