Wednesday, February 1, 2017

While Daddy Goes Away We Stay and Play

Mid January sent David on a short trip to Thailand for a dental appt and meetings. 
The kids had just had their Chinese school tests and were on break! YEAH! 
Here are some snapshots of life without daddy for a week. 

Homeschool is absolutely amazing without the rush of Chinese school. So we pressed on with a few subjects.

We LOVE the trampoline, have I said that before? 
And not just because it gives incredible hair-dos.

Gabrielle 'reads' to Tobin. I got this on video and it is precious.
(maybe I will start posting videos again here soon)

Our girls were invited to a 'Princess party' for friend ABS.


I bought this great 'dry' sand for what I knew would be an independent activity for G with all the kids home together. But everyone loves it. This is like zero mess sand. Yes, it gets on the floor but it is not sticky. LOVE THIS.

The kids had a 'closing ceremony' at school a few days after all the tests. This is where they pick up their tests, makes sure they have all of their homework for the break and watch the best students get awards. I forgot from last year that the pick up time is usually always about 45 minutes after they tell us to get there. I had Tobin and Gabrielle with me, so this was a bit hard to maneuver in such a big crowd (over 3000 students and their parents), but it all worked out.
 There is a guy (without any support that I could tell) climbing out on this crane. CRA-ZY.
See how far up he was:

The classes lined up watching the stage where the principal was giving his regards.

Then I decided to go through this chicks clothes and get out the 4T batch. Whaaaaat????
She is still a little pint, but she is growing. That, and I needed the container holding the 4T clothes in order to store our new sand!
 These precious dresses I had forgotten about.
Bella wore this like....yesterday.
 And these.....

Sophia was invited out with her best friend for her birthday. It was a long afternoon and evening event. David and I were not sure if we would let her attend the whole thing. And with him gone I decided I would completely play it by ear and assess the situation in parts. I knew Sophia would be at our newer 'mall' and that was where I had planned to take the other kids to a play place. This was perfect because we all met up and I let her continue on to dinner with her friend her family. She didn't get home until 9 that evening but had a blast!

After the play place we went to KFC. The kids followed my lead in dipping their fries in their ice cream (I love this). But then G decided to dip her nuggets in there too. And loved it. Gross. I can only go so far.

Still trying to get a run in here and there. My hamstrings have been really bothering me. Tobin had to help me stretch post-run.

And then Gabrielle had to help too.

We kept our tradition and had a Daddy away 'tea party' with YY (the aforementioned best friend).
We ate fun snacks, drank decaf tea and coffee, and played  a few games.
KS (whose husband was gone too) and I switched fun family movies and we watched some old flicks like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Love Bug.

God's grace was all over this week and we had a great time in home school, hosting friends daily on the trampoline, playing, and starting up some other 'school break' activities like dance and soccer.