Sophia's awareness of things continues to astound me. Her cognitive ability is ever increasing as is the realization that she is the center of attention when she steps outside our walls...and she does not think this is a great thing either. it is quite scary for a two year old, but she is dealing with it betterand better; she hasn't just screamed and run away in a while...now she talks about it...
Sophia: whys everyone lookin at me?
Me: because they think you are cute, honey
Sophia: they saying 'hen piaoliang' (very pretty)
Me: yes, they are. they think you are pretty
Sophia: they laughing at me.
Me: they are laughing because they think you are cute and want to be your friend, they are not really laughing at you.
Here is another funny conversation we had while she and I were outside playing Saturday morning:
Sophia: Daddy go like this: (and she mimics David making a big frowny face)
Me (laughing at her hilarious frown): yes, because you said you didn't want to play with him, that was mean
Sophia: when we get back I'll tell him I want to play with him, okay?
Me: sounds good, I bet that would make him happy.
she ends every phrase with: 'okay?' and LOVES to say a sequence, for example, this type of sentence occurs at least 3x a day:
Me: Sophia, it is time to put your PJs on.
Sophia: I will finish playing with this first, then I will put PJs on 'kay?"