Friday, November 20, 2009

countdown

TCC will be here in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those exclamation points don't do it justice...the excitement I feel. Let's try this:
MY SISTER is COMING! Did you see the bold, and italics, and caps? My sis and bro and their 1 year old, and my dear friend Heather, and new friends Josh and Grace...all these people giving up so much to come see us! we are beside ourselves!

I have been trying to teach Sophia names and faces and yesterday when we heard an airplane she said: 'its Heather, its Heather!' I had to calm her down and say 'not yet!' But I was almost jumping up and down with her. I am sure I will be on Sunday.

And you may not here from me on the blog for awhile either.... no apologies there, I will be cherishing every minute with these loved ones of mine.

Until then, here is a little update:

  • Sailhamer package still not here. Last we heard it was in NJ on the 11th.

  • I cannot remember the last time Sophia pooped in her pants...yes, she consistently goes in the potty without too much fuss. I think it is the prune breakfast that helps. This is a huge praise.
  • Bella is five months old and she deserves her own post which I will try to do tonight. She is just so cuddly and cute, smiles all the time, is starting to roll a little tiny bit, and probably wants solid foods soon (an ugh! and a smile)... growing up so fast. Her lymph node has drained some and gone down, it is still hard and red, but we think it is getting better.
  • it has rained or been overcast for 3 days now, no hot water. Because I couldn't run one day David gave me a workout from his 'never gymless' book, which is all about body weight workouts. Anyway, I did this circuit of 5 exercises, and it about killed me. Just when I think I am getting in shape...wow. pain. exhaustion. I was loving the hill runs after that.
  • We had a guest for a week, then this week I have been prepping for a baby shower that I am co-hosting, and prepping for TCC coming. All told I have used about 3 dozen eggs, at least 10 cups of sugar, 15 cups of flour, probably more.