Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Crazy Kids


yes, I can roll...one way.

And I like to spit up when I do this.


I love to say 'cheese' to the camera...I am a very silly girl.


I am a strong willed, sharp thinker...but I love all things princessy


Bella made all this food for mommy, but it would not fit on her desk because...

Sophia had already made her all of this food and put it on her desk.


I thoroughly avoided my nap today, and mommy found me like this. I then told her: "I was singing 'Holy God' in the basket".


I like mommy to put my dress like this because Sophia says I look like a peacock this way. And with my bows in my hair I look like a little gift.


Mommy take a picture of me eating like Templeton (the rat from Charlotte's web).

Yes, I am blogging as the girls eat their snack. What a funny day it has been with them, not without many episodes of discipline, interspersed with laughter and fun. I told them, 'what will daddy and I do when you guys grow up and you are not here for us to laugh at? I know! You can come back and we can all be friends and still laugh together...'
Sophia interjected: 'but I am not going to get married because I always want to stay in this family, I don't want to leave this family.'
I replied: 'Sophia, you will always be my daughter, but when you grow up and God gives you a husband you will love it and consider marriage a gift from God. Right now it is my job to train you to be the best wife and woman of God you can be. But it is all based on his grace, because mommy fails at being a good wife and mom all the time, But isn't God's grace good, his forgiveness and patience that helps us be more like him?' ( I lost her at the end, of course, but I won't stop preaching).
Sophia: 'will you come to my wedding?'
'Of course sweetheart, I will help you in every way plan your wedding and be there for you'. (we better start saving now!)

These are the conversations around here lately....though they do vary, some become very theological on a kindergarten level, the world and the way it works begs so many questions doesn't it? I love the child's take on it all...