It is not so random because it IS Poppy's birthday today. Our day started with a skype call to him (and CC of course). The girls were so excited about telling him 'happy birthday'. As I relayed the conversation to David later, Sophia chimed in and said, 'but when I guessed that he was 45 years old, he said he was.' Then we asked her how old he really is and she remembered, and over an hour after that conversation with daddy (we are talking 10 hours since the skype call) Bella even got it right!
Sophia hit her 80th lesson today and for that got the use of an old digital camera that we have. She loved this and did great at it. But....for disobedience she got it taken away.
We have had guests for over a week now. The girls love having friends in our home. David and I have now realized with Sophia's bold 4-year-old personality she needs training in being a 'little lady' or 'princess' as she prefers. We are talking about working on gentleness, respect, quietness, I know I need to model this but train it too, it looks differently for kids, and it should.
I have baked the following in a six day period: chocolate chip cookies, banana bread (2 loaves), granola bars (two times), and poppy seed bread. Poppy Seed bread was dubbed 'poppy and CC' bread by our neighbor, Caleb, a long time ago, so it was appropriate that we were baking it on Poppy's birthday. We pretty much gave all these baked goods away.
We also served our guests (none were American), Pac Rim stir fry, Chicken pot pie (for an American experience, except I stir fry my veg/chicken so they are not mush), and lots of local fare (eaten out, of course). Last night we had baked chicken, stir fry zucchini/carrots/onion, and corn on the cob. They even tried the very local raw pork dish, we told them if they start feeling stroke like symptoms in a year, to take a worm pill, the worm probably made its way to their brain. But they didn't eat that much of it, just a taste to say they did it.
I went on a morning run on Saturday, my first morning run since.....Wrightsville beach, I think, about a year ago. Because of a foot injury a long time ago, I have stayed on flat lands since starting back exercising, then I went to a doc who told me to change surfaces too. Next I went to a 'track'. I use the term loosely because I have never seen a track like ones in America, except at the BJ olympics. The track I have been jogging on is loose gravel/dirt, packed down because of rain. But it is a much better/softer surface than pavement and has fared my feet well, no pain. So, I finally decided after almost a 10 day exercise break and a month before that of flat runs and softer surfaces to go back to my hill run from long ago, it is just over 5k, and I don't have to drive to get there, just leave the house. I made it, it felt great, and very little pain in my foot. I did the run again last night and felt no pain in my foot! Feels good to be in motion again that is other than a freeze tag game!
The girls painting as nai nai helps manage. I love new friends that take to our kids and like to be involved. Nai Nai loves to hold Tobin and listen to our girls' antics.