Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The interviews

I interviewed the girls today, all answers are exact quotes.

Sophia:
How old are you? 4
do you have a favorite color? pink
do you have a favorite animal? well, let me think....spiders.
why? Because they can catch flies and bugs and mosquitoes
what do they do once they catch them? they eat their blood....eewwww.
who is your best friend? Big Caleb and also little Caleb
your favorite food? paigu (pork ribs)
Is there something you want to do or be when you grow up (I gave her examples, like wife, mom, doctor, I know she doesn't want to be a wife yet, because she says she doesn't want to leave us)? 'princess'
favorite place to go? a play place
favorite video/and or story? Laura Ingalls and also the three little pigs
favorite dessert? There are a lot of chocolates that I like, chocolate eclair cake....lemon pie
favorite thing about living here (since China is her home I think she thought I meant in this actual apartment location)? going outside and playing with Caleb
and then she just added: 'one day I want to go on a helicopter'

Bella:
how old are you? I am two years old.
do you have a favorite color? yeah. Friends. (and then Sophia told her what colors were and she just repeated them all)
Favorite food? vegetables (good girl)
favorite sweet? greens (really she loves skittles and though she refuses granola bars, chocolate chip cookies and the like, she LOVES mango and pineapple, and yesterday at lunch ate a whole bowl of soup that was quite spicy)
but what do you love the most (in the context of food)? Poppy and CC
who is your best friend? (I gave her examples like Sophia, Annabelle, and a few others, she first said Annabelle but then stuck with this answer):Uncle Jim
do you have a favorite song? (she starts singing) 'Holy God...' (this is the gospel song)
favorite animal? kitty cat

And here is a Bella quote from the other day:

You are not going to go on a date mommy, you are going to stay for a long hour…


(She said this because we did go on a date the other day and when we left she was fine, but she would not go to bed without crying. And because Ayi will not let her cry, she tried to get her in bed and finally called us, we were on our way home anyway, but when we arrived they were all still out on the couch. All she needed to do was actually put them in bed and shut the door, but I don't think she is comfortable with that...oh well.)