Friday, December 21, 2012

Away from home

Going to GuangZhou was the first time since having children that I have been away from my family overnight (while overseas, I mean). When I talked to David the first night, he said: "I have never slept in this bed alone". It is always the other way around.

I only travel, in an airport, to a hotel, and all that stuff, with my family. I told our helper day-of, that I was nervous, that since being married, I had come to rely on David for all our travel logistics (while I man the kiddos). This set up works out well. But now, alone, would I remember everything?

I made it there and back with no problems! I told Julie to remind me to check-out of the hotel, I may just leave and forget since I cannot remember the last time I actually did the 'checking out'.

But here I sit, alone again. In Bangkok. A dental emergency brought me here. And after a little minor surgery (as I call it, I will spare the details), I am all ready, crown back on, ready to get back on a plane home tomorrow. I had only been back a few days, gearing up for all things Christmas, when the broken tooth occurred. David's first words (okay his second, but the first ones weren't bad ones, really!): God is really trying to teach us something.


Our current situation is no dire one, but topped with so many other things going on, tragedies locally, tragedies worldwide, we are being stretched, and taught, and learning to rest more in HIM.