November 30th, 2012
Sophia was very excited about the performance and often came home practicing the different moves.
She was also excited about wearing make-up. I decided I would let them put it on her and be a part of what was going on...
Wow, the eyebrow pencil made a difference. Crazy.
David hardly recognized her when he came right as it started.
This class had a patriotic theme going.
Dressed and ready to go. What I did not expect was Sophia's nerves. She did not crack a real smile the entire time. She did great, concentrated really hard and followed along perfectly, but still, no smile.
I like this little boy, he is cute, fun, and polite. Not one of the ones that hits Sophia or throws her snack out the window.
marching in.
Bella's class came to watch and we hung out near them. With Tobin too!
At first all the classes marched in together and did a number of different dances.
What a capture.
Hanging out with momma. We let him sit in a chair, but he ended up being held a bit too.
We just can't leave out this charmer.
And on the sidelines, Bella shows us all her friends. Her Chinese is actually improving from school!
'back-stage' before game time. sophia's half-smile. And ChenChen, her friend, who is cute and sassy too.
Marching strong.
We were really proud of Sophia when it was her turn to pick up these shakers there were none left in the box, she did not skip a beat and just got right back in line like she was supposed to, and her teacher quickly remedied the situation with snagging some from the other box.
Each child received these fun animal hats. Sophia is a bear, quite fitting since she loves bear stories (right Aunt Beth?!)
And here we are. I talked with Sophia about the whole thing because she didn't really seem like herself. As soon as we got home she asked to take the make up off. (The whole performance she rubbed her right eye). She said she didn't like the make-up and all the attention. She wasn't angry or frustrated about it, she was just being matter-of-fact. I was a bit thankful for this, I guess. I told her she can wait 20-30 years on the make-up.