Sunday, December 23,2012
The girls and I prep the cookie dough. Then we went out to round up some neighborhood kids, who usually frequent our yard on the weekends. We wanted to introduce them to Christmas, via Christmas cookie decorating.
We had four friends and two parents come over, It was the perfect amount of people. Here I am explaining Christmas to the group and why we celebrate it. They had never heard it before. At some parts of the story there were even some gasps. Yes, we should all be in awe of the miracle.
We then got down to putting icing on the cookies. Some kids had made it in time to choose their own shape and shape the dough with cookie cutters and wait for them to cook. This was super fun for them.
I demonstrated a little, chopsticks were very helpful for spreading the icing.
And everyone just took off with it and had a blast.
This boy below lives near the back of our complex, he is incredibly sweet and comes over to play often. The night before he had brought us an apple wrapped pretty, this is what the Chinese give on Christmas to friends.
YuMingHua enjoys her first ever icing-laded Christmas cookie (sugar rush).
This boy was very meticulous about his designs, color-coordination with sprinkles, etc. I mentioned that he must be good at drawing and the lady there (not his mom), said that yes, he was really quite good. I could tell.
This is YuanYue, She is ten years old and comes over a lot as well. Our girls love her. She is fun for them, but not always the best influence, being five years older than Sophia.
David was quite sick the previous night and this morning, but he participated a little. The kids had a blast doing this, and I was so thankful that we had people come!