On Saturday we got out early, hit Toys-R-Us and Big C. I am trying to knock things off of my list, baby prep things (like newborn diapers), and then things to take back to China (like a good skillet and digital kitchen timer). The kids enjoyed playing some games in a play area, and all three loved the Yaki Soba (Japanese Teriyaki noodles). Thai food courts are AWESOME and cheap! We went swimming that afternoon and walked up to Subway for dinner....
We hope NOT to eat out so much, it is damaging our budget, but we still have no idea when/if we will get our apartment. There is a main kitchen here that I can use for any meal but breakfast, but the stove is a huge gas one that looks very intimidating. Come Monday we hope to settle to some semblance of routine. These 3 days of fun settling in and good eats have been good for us though....
Today (Sunday), we had a good time of family worship (Tobin went to bed the previous night singing: "His lovingkindness Oh how good"), and Bible reading. We then headed out to a mall early to let the kids go to an outdoor park before it got too hot and for me to hit a local used bookstore about a 7 minute walk away. We did all of that and I was set to get my haircut. However, there were no available appointments until noon. I eventually found the fam at Krispy Kreme, my blood sugar had dropped so low that I was feeling faintish and glad I found them! We ate an early lunch. I got my haircut, while trooper dad took the kids around and we met up in the bookstore.
We didn't get Tobin down for his nap (and me) until almost 2. David took the girls swimming without us from 3-5 and Tobin and I slept until past 4! Bella let David take her floaties off! And apparently she made real progress in swimming. Sophia bribed her to go underwater by promising her the rest of her bag of skittles. It worked. Bella is our timid girl, which is fine by us. When she got back she said: 'I am brave at swimming!'
Tomorrow I have promised that we will do some sort of school, CC review at the very least...David has doc appointments all day. And we may just hit the latest and swankiest market in BKK for dinner: Asiatique, check it out here. Everyone really wants to ride the ferris wheel!