Friday, September 20, 2013

Gabrielle Shalom Day 4: Sept 20

Check out day is tomorrow afternoon!
Last night I got a room mate at midnight, and then they moved her to another floor around 3 a.m. my sleepless night was not because the baby was calling. 

This morning they moved another lady in waiting to have her baby, also via Caesarean. I met the husband right away and he was super nice. From Israel, they have lived here seven years. We have met people from almost every middle eastern country in all of our time here, but this was the first Israeli couple we have met. After talking on various occasions I told him I loved Israel, how beautiful it was and why I had visited. I also told him our new daughter's name and he was delighted. He was quite surprised that we were Americans and having 4 kids. "I love it!" he said, and told his wife: 'see!' they are on their 3rd! They also give their kids biblical names and had not yet decided on their newest one's name. 

David brought the kids up to visit this afternoon, it has been non-stop rain, making it hard on daddy entertaining kids who love to be outside. But he has done great! After hanging out in the room for awhile, I fed Gabrielle one more time, and then went to dinner with them at a restaurant in the hospital. We reminded them that from now on, we will have 4 kiddos at every meal!
Here are some pics:






 Tobin finally gets a chance to hold Gabrielle, and he did great!







As Sophia walked towards me in the hall today, I thought: 'here comes mini-me', and in this pic, I think I am looking just like my mom. Really just.like. her. 


 Animal planet: Anacondas! It was pretty gruesome, they were enthralled.




Bella was kissing her head, looks more like she wants to take a bite.