Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tobin Speak

Yesterday David took the girls to their Dentist appointments and then on a crazy adventure as a reward for them learning their catechism questions (a different post). Basically, it was Tobin and me all day. 
As I pushed him on the swing, he said something about daddy and then completely unprompted said: "I love Daddy." 
"what did you say?"
"I love daddy"
"Aww....I love your daddy too!" 
Today on the swings he pretty much did the same thing. He does love his daddy. 

He loves to swing and I could push him for hours. But I can't stand or stand the heat that long, so I say, mommy is going to take a break, play with something else. After I rest and ask if he wants to swing again he says: 'did you take break mommy?' 'you need a break mommy?'

I was singing also while we he was swinging, and he said: 'sing uncle Spencer mommy!' To which I reply, 'I don't know all the words to that song'. He said: 'I need a paper to sing uncle Spencer' and I said: 'Yes, I need a paper to sing Uncle Spencer' (at home we have a song sheet we use sometimes for morning worship).
 
Last night as we got ready for bed, he was pretending to be Bella's daddy, she laid down on the floor, he found her baby doll, gave it to her, kissed her good night, prayed for her (he whispered it, but I heard: 'in Jesus, Amen' and said, 'don't call anymore!' 

(yes, we are laughing constantly at our house).

This morning during an outdoor break, The girls were playing house in a big wooden tree house type thing, that has attached swings. Tobin was driving his 'car' the same kind we have in China. He was a taxi driver. Sophia taught him everything, it was hilarious. He would go pick up Bella and take her back to the 'house'. He would get off first and hold out his hand to help her off. It was so gentlemanly and precious. If he forgot, Sophia would say, you have to practice your manners!