One of the first things I always do upon arriving in Bangkok is go to Dasa books, it is a great little used book store. I found some abridged versions of the 'little house' books that seemed appropriate for Sophia. I was not sure how she would do with a real 'chapter book ' that had about one picture per chapter, but so far she loves them.
Then I went to another 'resource room' and checked out some other cool books and the real book 'Little House in the big Woods'. Sophia is liking this too. Though David advised me not to read the story about the wolves surrounding the house howling right before bed, like I had the night before. Sophia would call and say: 'do the wolves want to get in the house?' 'don't they want to eat the girls?' And David would reply with things like: 'I am like 'Pa' I am here to protect you' and 'Bangkok doesn't have wolves.'