How do you pack for two months for a very hot climate, cold indoors, and all the things that 'may' be needed for a newborn? Not to mention the things needed to keep the other two kids happy as well.
We have slowly become more and more minimalistic in our packing. I love to 'be prepared' for every situation, but with our crazy lifestyle we really break it down to what is really necessary, if we forget something that is essential, we may just have to buy it. And since Bangkok has everything (except Graham crackers, apparently) from Krispy Kreme to a mall with a maserati dealership, we will not be 'going without.'
We also have to be prepared to bring back almost twice as much stuff, possibly. This because we are becoming a family of five, we have family visiting and bringing things, and we will buy some things too.
Our goal is to pack four bags about half full, and come back with them stuffed, if need be.
As I laid things out and figured in my mind what is not packed yet, I think it is completely doable, and we could pack less for sure. This is what it is looking like:
Well, the girl took off with the swimmy diapers and wanted to take them all out.
clothes in piles, gear in piles, even a few bottles, just in case, though I rarely used bottles at all the first month with either of the other two, maybe one time, but I am still going prepared in this realm.
we haven't decided what swim gear to take, this stuff is bulky, but we will swim, since it feels like 100 degrees by 8 o'clock, we will need some refreshing.
So far, the bag on the left is empty, the middle one less than half full, and the right one a little more than half full. Progress.