We have gotten into somewhat of a routine. Nothing spectacular but it is working well so far:
It is hard to get up before the girls here because they have been waking as early as 6 a.m. , but the day goes something like this:
- 6:30: the girls start calling (we are usually up reading the word, but not always) David sometimes is working out/running at this hour
- 7:00: we let them play in their room quietly
- 7:30: breakfast, we do cereal some, but still are sticking with oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, David usually does a green protein smoothie. I could buy my love: bagels and cream cheese, but have avoided it so far, instead I bought whole wheat English muffins and a light butter spread.
- 8:00 or usually a little later: family devotions, looking at Col 3:12, trying to clothe ourselves daily with these things (compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience), easier said than done.
- 8:30 ish, David starts work, (his office is a desk in our bedroom, which is big so it works great) the girls play while I clean, Sophia likes to help with the dishes, so I let her. Bella 'sweeps', or at least thinks she does.
- 9:00 I try to take the girls outside, we go over to the guest house (40 feet away) to look for friends to play with, either way if it is not raining (which it has been for two days), we go to the swings and just play while it is not too hot outside. Today because it was raining, we just went and played with all the legos in the main area. This is just a daily change-up from staying in our apartment all day.
- 10:00 snack back at our apartment and 'preschool' time, we are on the letter 'Y' which is a little hard for sophia, she thinks it makes the 'wh' sound, because as you know 'y' is the same as 'why' and it just makes sense to her. English is hard.
- after preschool time I let the girls watch a video in Chinese. Yes, this is their tutor, cheaper than the alternative, I am not sure it helps, but I think so.
Here is Sophia under the desk watching 'the three little pigs' in Chinese.
- 11:45-lunch: the girls and I do sandwiches of some sort and fruit or carrots,
- after lunch is free play and then reading time, I read them books before nap time
- 1 p.m. girls nap, I sometimes nap, David meanwhile, is still working. Sometimes I go out to the store or something. I plan to restart reviewing language during this time, like I was doing at home.
- 3:30 or 4:00ish, for two days now we have gone to a hotel pool, we bought a membership, we hope to do this as much as possible. The girls LOVE it. We do this with daddy, of course. This membership includes use of their nice gym, which is where David works out.
- 5:30-6:00ish, dinner, and then getting ready for bed at 7:30.
The girls found these glasses and other fun things in the trunk of toys in our apartment. Fun Fun.