With this pregnancy has come quite a bit of nausea. I thought it was tapering, but it hasn't really. This has left me being the not-so-energized mommy of late. Our helper was gone for 5 days, which actually made me be more efficient and a better trainer of the kiddos. I really had to plan my time to go to the market, wash everything really well, do the dishes 4x/day (David helped some there!), prepare dinner, clean (somewhat), laundry (of course), and homeschool! I told David I was finally a normal housewife/homeschooling mom.
We all walked up to the close by market and got a bunch of stuff. I am thankful for this smaller market that does not smell like the big one, a smell I could not stand during my other pregnancies, and I can't describe it really: wet, raw, sourish, pickled meat???? Sick.
Sophia wanted to go pick up some little live fish like she saw someone doing, I told her she could but she shied away. Also at dinner, a true sign your kids are raised in Asia: Sophia asks: 'mommy why didn't you get the kind of chicken that they kill for you?" (we had walked by all the cages of live poultry, ducks, etc. many times) I explained that I didn't want a whole chicken but lots of one part of the chicken, and then she said she wanted me to choose one so she could pet it and then they kill it. "Really, Soph?" We laughed a little at this (but maybe we should be concerned ?).
Sophia helped me clean veggies (we eat a lot raw so we soak clean, rinse, clean), separate spinach leaves, squeeze lemons, peel some garlic, and she tried the onions but they made her cry. She also helped me get out laundry and start a new load. Bella helps quite a bit too. I am thankful for this age, they usually are pretty willing, especially if it involves water or food.
But finally, oh finally, I was feeling better one afternoon and we had over an hour before Tobin would be up from his nap, so I took the girls exploring. David was working from his at-home office and I took my phone in case Tobin woke up. We walked down the boardwalk in our neighborhood that winds through a small stream. I was in a 'yes' mood, and the weather was perfect. Yes, take your shoes off, yes, walk the rocks, yes, put your feet in the water. Yes, let me find you girls some sticks so you can poke in the water. I loved doing this when I was little too! After a good hour of exploration, eating our snack, dipping our feet, we went home in time to start our CC Fine Arts lesson week 14: Ghiberti, and Tobin woke up soon thereafter. And the nausea came back full force.
These pics are from my phone. While these girls love getting dirty and exploring, they have to do so in really pretty skirts. Always.