The talks of theology at our house are quite interesting. Soph asked: 'if we are dead and buried, then how do we go to be with Jesus?' A discussion on body and spirit ensued. Bella piped in as did Soph: "but how are we going to get up to heaven, will we fly?" And the discussion continued until finally Bella said: "we can just take the stairs." Obviously things weren't quite sinking in, but I love the logic.
On wisdom vs. foolishness:
Me: You don't want to be a
fool (ish) do you?
Bella asks: "What is a fool?"
Me: "They don't trust
God...they go their own way, they don't like to be taught"
Sophia Interrupts with
really raised eyebrows: "they don't like wisdom which is MY name!"
Bella:
(when wanting to
dress up)
Me: but you guys already
have on beautiful dresses
Bella : but these
aren't beautiful beautiful dresses. We need beautiful, beautiful dresses.
Watching me put on make up:
Bella: mama, why are
you getting so pretty?
Me: Because daddy is
coming back today.
The girls playing some kind of baby doll, doctor, super hero dress up play:
Bella: Baby needs
important things from the doctor. Fire on her, then water, and a shot.
Sophia comes out with
cape and hat on...oh I need to go see if the baby is alright. (yes, apparently, please do)
After a CC history sentence about the period of Japan's 'Isolation', Bella really got attached to that word. I had acted out the whole sentence and we sang it a few times to memorize and for some reason it has become one of her favorites, maybe because I was more animated than normal, I am not sure why. During the CC intro of the sentence she asked what the word 'isolation' meant, and I told her. She asked me again later: 'what does that word mean again....I don't like that word'.
Then way later that evening when I called her to start her night time routine, I couldn't find her. Finally she crawled out from under her bed with her baby doll and said: "we were in isolation"
In Jan and Feb Sophia consistently spoke with accented English, mostly British sounding.
Bella, at the beach.
"I have a funny story….it has 3 arms, four legs, and says 'I love you, but
you don't love me'." I guessed a few things and then I guessed 'mosquito'
and she said, 'yes!'.
Bella: " two of
my shoulders hurt." how many shoulders do you have? '(laughs) and says
'two'
Sophia: The day we told them that we were expecting another baby.
She came in while I was taking a shower and said: 'mama I am SOOOOO excited we are
going to have another baby. A real baby. (laughs) I thought you meant we were
getting a new baby doll!"
Sophia is describing a story from many months ago when we were on our scooter and I was trying to prevent her from looking at the gross dead cat in the road: "well mama said
'don't look, don't look!!!' and it was too late I was just seeing what she was
being so dramatic at". When she replayed this for David he laughed so hard at her description of my being 'dramatic'. Yes, she gets it honest.