I have tweaked this recipe (originating from about 3 recipes from various sources that I had jotted down over the years) and finally got it right where I like it. And David LOVES it, as do the kids. Sophia says it was better than 'The Pizza Company' but her memory is fuzzy, that was some gooood pizza (better than Papa John's in my book). I was mainly adjusting spices and sugar quantities. I am posting the large quantity that I make and freeze, divide by whatever size portion you want. This one batch gets me 5 servings, but for most people it would be more. We like a lot of sauce on our pizza.
|
10 cloves of
garlic, minced or finely chopped
|
|
3 TBS oil
|
|
3 kg of tomatoes,
or about 6 lbs
|
|
2 cans tomato
paste (small)
|
|
1 can water (from Tom paste can)
|
|
5 TBS sugar
|
|
4 tsp Basil
|
|
1.5 tsp oregano
|
|
1.5 tsp thyme
|
|
1 tsp salt
|
|