Saturday, October 10, 2015

Daily Life Schedule: School + School

Monday-Friday:
7:00 a.m.
kids wake up, I start breakfast (granola, or oatmeal, or toast/eggs) often do Bible Memory  over breakfast
7:30 a.m. :
 Sophia and Bella leave for school
8:00 a.m.:
 I start 'school' with Tobin:
10 min: Memory work: CC and Bible verses
                 15 min: He reads to me 
                 15 min: I read to him, fairy tales, currently
                  5-10 min: handwriting, K4 notebook or now just name practice, nothing formal here
 9: or 9:15a.m
G and T may go to the market with our helper, or just G goes. This gives me a 30    minute window to workout (Kettlebells on MWF). My particular workout has me able to keep an eye on Tobin and check on him every 8 minutes (total 24 minutes), this works great if he is outside or something. I run on Tues/Thurs, but I try to do that before waking hours. If I do it here I try to limit it to 30-40 minutes. I take a quick shower, or if doing something real active with kids, I just go play with them.
9:45-10:30
 get anything ready for the rest of the day, meal prep, etc. has to happen here and then I  play with Tobin and Gabrielle
10:40 a.m.
 Pick up Bella from school (this will change to 11:30 next semester)
11:05 a.m.
after a snack and short break I teach Bella her Language Arts and whatever else we can get done in about 30 minutes. We usually complete LA and then I intro her math for her to do then or later.
11:30 a.m.
 if it is my turn I go get Sophia from school, otherwise I help get lunch ready and we try to eat at 11:45 a.m. 
11:45 a.m.
 During lunch is Bible class, catechism and Bible book cards from: Bible Study Guide for all Ages, we only use the Bible book summary cards not their full curriculum and we love them.(David leads this on M, R, F, but on other days usually just makes it home for family devos)
12:15 p.m.
 family devotions: singing, Bible reading, prayer
12:35 p.m:
  Read aloud time with all kiddos.
1:00 p.m.:
 CC time: Each day a different focus (expounded on later in a CC only post), Tues/Thurs we review Cycle 2 and 3 along with current week of Cycle 1, depending on the subject focus this could be almost like a science or geography class, Friday is Fine Arts, not just mem work. (G is napping at this time)
 1:30:
 history class: Story of the World Vol. 3
2:00 p.m.
snack, get Tobin ready for school, girls snack and break a little or finish up history, then  they go into read alone time: Sophia: Bible, Chinese chapter, English chapter. Bella: Bible, Lit study book, and other  English book. (at this time Sophia may start on some of her math)
2: 20 p.m
take Tobin and neighbors to school
2: 45 p.m.:
 return and regroup, sometimes start right away.
3:00 p.m.
 Start core with Sophia (or finish math with Bella then start with Sophia): The Phonics Road Level 3: Spelling, Latin base words/prefix/suffix, and Grammar study via literature book, total about an hour. (Bella does piano practice and plays with Gabrielle, or may finish up math we didn't finish)
4:00 p.m.
teach math and finish up (Fri: piano lessons)
4:30: p.m.
 depends on the day, Monday: any extra fun history clips I may have or Sophia does piano, Tue/Thur: GeoMap (cartography, really!) Weds: Sci experiment and notebooking, Fri: Piano lesson
 5:00 p.m.
work on dinner. Tobin gets home around 5:25 or so. 
MWF: 6:15-7:15 Chinese tutor comes to help with Chinese homework.