"Is it ever going to let up?" I ask David one night this week.
"No, sweetie, it will not, look at our history....great things going on...you progressing in language....things will only get harder, get ready." (he says this gently and with a smile)
"oh yeah." I say sincerely, I had forgotten.
Here we are smack dab in the middle of another week and by my Tuesday night review of my language lesson I am very frustrated, and not feeling super, Sophia's 'poop problem' is ever increasing (in so many ways), I have to check my spirit with her often and give much grace (I really do feel sorry for her), by my Thursday mid day Bella has a pretty good fever (again), and I think I might too, I cry out to God for relief and he says (not audibly mind you), I am your relief. Oh how I need to hear that. He may not take all the pains away, but He is all I need, He is so enough... so I meander on with more peace than before.
But by Friday morning I am clearly sick, and in pity-me mode. Forget the run, though I manage the market and then sleep in the afternoon, Bella's fever is now a manageable low grade, and I take some Tylenol (it must be bad, I haven't taken medicine while nursing since post C-section). Still sick today and wondering if I will be able to focus for language class. Both my teacher and I are spent, we spend over ten minutes talking about 'commands' and finally move on....David takes the girls outside to play while I trudge through a short review just to try to get some staying power with today's lesson. It is hard to fill your brain with new stuff when all your sinuses are filled with gunk, but it is in there somewhere (those 'two guys' just filing it all away as Sailhamer used to say)....Saturday night now and I will say proudly we ate some good meals this week, all new, all vegan....and then tonight (after much consultation with David) we decide for our anniversary we will have some milk, that is, the milk that goes in the Chocolate Eclair cake I just made....There is the bright side of the week. Seven years of marriage this Monday (15th, technically next week), and he is SO Incredibly my knight in shining armor, and proves to be so week in and week out when it all goes awry.