Our lifestyle has us traveling A LOT, having houseguests every so often, and just having various things that 'come up' that seem to disrupt everything. So, we get into good rhythms at home, we are successful at schedules and goals, but the disruptions in whatever way they manifest, discourages the 'staying power' of a change in eating habits. This also has had me not super committed to sticking with a real change (which makes it not a real change, hello). Until this time. I couldn't ignore the information I was given. I read the book 'The China Study.'
Our travels lead us again to Bangkok where we ran into a super cool chick who happened to be vegetarian, we picked her brain a little bit and she said she became 'vegan' after reading the book 'The China Study'. David was super interested, I was half way there. But I went out and bought the book for David for his birthday, he devoured it, and quoted it often when he found something profound. My goal was to read the book by the end of the year so that we could implement changes into 2010. I really didn't know what I was in for.