Sunday, March 7, 2010
this video has nothing to do with this post
This video is Sophia waiting for Poppy, CC, and Laura and Lee's airplane. This is an oldy but goody. She is saying: 'Lauralee can you come right now, lauralee can you come right now...'
I have not been taking any pictures lately....
here's why:
Started part time language study (feels like full time sometimes, to my brain feels like overtime), started the crazy vegan menu planning (research and order needed for this), TWO sick kids, double overtime for that one that goes along with the full time job (mothering), some people are the do-it-all kind, just confessin': I ain't it, but alas I try.
I will say this, every time we or our friends (down below) have started an intense period of study to progress in language and culture, things happen to deter us. We could write a book. But my week went like this: Saturday: Bella sounding awful, can't breath too well, she spikes a fever, we give her meds and watch the clock to wake her up for more. I prep for language study and the new diet until bedtime. Sunday: Bella still sick, still feverish, me still preparing.
The week: you already heard the hospital story that puts our week in a tailspin (or it should have), but it was so redeemed by good advice from an American doctor, and the 'pressin' on' I felt I had to do with language, I just couldn't put off the 'start.' not in my mind. And we did it! Ate well all week, had 3 language lessons, ran 4 times and then... Saturday night again. Out to dinner with friends. Midnight rolls around: Sophia is throwing up, quite a few times. Such a sweet, pathetic sight. how we just loved on her then, switched sheets a few times, gave her a bath, you know the drill. She also all week was having a recurrence of 'the poop problem,' which you know zaps all my energy: don't try this at home folks: reasoning with two a year old (laugh at me please).
All this to say, it was a tough week, and we are the better for it. We have arranged my language to coincide with naps and all my studying is done at night or the next day after my run (nap time), this is to not interfere with my schedule with the kids and David's huge load of responsibilities. But even still, I have to give him all props for being so wonderfully patient with me with language questions and with offering so much help with whatever, just so that I knew it was there if needed (which wasn't much this week). In dealing with Sophia's bathroom issues, I don't know how many times he said: 'you really do have the hardest job in the world,' to which I really smiled, and inside just relaxed, I don't need him to notice but he does and it helps me press on. What a wonderful leader I have in him. So thankful.
we will see what next week brings. perseverance. hope. joy. pray I have these in abundance.